Down Payment Advantage Program
Purchase your home with as little as 1.5% of the purchase price.
2% down payment assistance for first time home buyers plus a wide variety of additionally eligible borrowers. Reduce your total down payment to 1.5%.
Available in California, this program is designed to provide down payment assistance equal to 2% of the purchase price to a wide variety of eligible borrowers. A simple one-step process, streamlines loan approval and Down Payment Advantage approval. This is not a state administered program dependent on available funds.
The Down Payment Advantage is a completely forgivable grant, equal to 2% of purchase price and may be combined with up to 6% seller concession for closing costs
No resale or borrower repayment restrictions
Minimum qualifying credit score: 580
Can be used with the FHA 203(b) program or any of our FHA renovation programs
ELIGIBLE BORROWERS (Any one of the following)
- Total borrower’s income is equal to or less than 140% of median area income
- First-time home buyers
- Any borrower on the loan application who is a current, retired, volunteer, or non-paid:
- First-responder: police officer, firefighter, public safety officer, paramedic, or emergency medical technician (EMT), including volunteers or similar
- Medical personnel: nurse, doctor, phlebotomist, or health ambassador, or hospital, American Red Cross worker, or similar
- Civil servant in a federal, state, or local municipality
- Military personnel
For more information, about this or any other Compadre program, Call 760.385.8660.